Tuesday, April 10, 2018

"Love" - an A4 Styled Layout and Home Decor Piece - featuring Cottontail and We R Mini ABC Punch with Angela


Hello BoBunny Friends,

It's Angela here today and I would like to show you a layout in A4 format made with the Cottontail collection.

cottontail_layout_angela_apr18_01.jpg


I started choosing the papers and, since the photo I wanted to use is a little bit dark, I went for white cardstock adhered on Pastels paper, which has a beautiful peachy color.  I stitched here and there the two papers with my sewing machine, without cutting away the threads of the stitch.


cottontail_layout_angela_apr18_02.jpg

Then, I fussy cut a couple of flowers of the same orangish color from Springtime paper and arranged them at the bottom of the photo.

cottontail_layout_angela_apr18_03.jpg


For the title, I decided to use big letters made using the Mini Alphabet punch board by WRMK.

I made each letter twice, in white cardstock and in peach, using the Pastels paper left-over. White on top and peach color underneath, to give a dimensional look.


cottontail_layout_angela_apr18_04.jpg


To give even more interest to the title, I added a little stitch to each letter, always leaving the long threads of the stitching 'flying' around.

The journaling is a beautiful quote of Henri Matisse that I wrote with my old typewriter.


cottontail_layout_angela_apr18_05.jpg

When I started, I had intended for this to be a layout.  After, I was all finished, I decided it deserved to be framed and displayed as a decoration in my home.

Check out the process video to see how this layout came together and I hope you are inspired in some way.






Thanks for stopping by today.

Love,

Angela Tombari



BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Cottontail/ Pastels, Springtime, Hippity Hop

Doilies: Medium size

Pearlescents: Coral

Glimmer Spray: Bronze




No comments:

Post a Comment